I always annoyed with Windows XP’s balloon tips notification because it’s always pop-up every time Windows is started. Balloon tips notification always pop-up notification about wireless connection not found (which I already know that I turned off the wireless LAN). Doesn’t want to get annoyed anymore so here is how-to to turn off balloon tips notification from Microsoft’s website:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Navigate to the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Right-click the right pane, create a new DWORD value, and then name it EnableBalloonTips.
- Double-click this new entry, and then give it a hexadecimal value of 0.
- Quit Registry Editor. Log off Windows, and then log back on.
Note: These steps disable all Notification Area balloon tips for this user. There is no way to disable balloon tips for specific programs only.